Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Shots are the pits

 

    Look at that pitiful little lower lip..... my baby girl has mastered the art of melting mommy's heart.  Today Reagan is 2 months old, and part of the two month check up is to get shots! On the menu for todays vaccinations were 3 cocktails of 6 different vaccines. You know when the nurse says "I am sorry little one, I know this ones gonna hurt." that its gonna be bad; but then when you see all the way down your babys throat because their mouth is open so wide, it makes you tear up a bit. To make things worse, the nurse instructs you, the first time mommy, to hold down babies arms and legs while she is administering the shot. So now not only am I guilty for bringing her to the Dr. but I am an accomplice in the horrible act. I was surprised she let me pick her up afterwards, poor thing. 

I had to cling to verses and promises from God in my head, like this one: Isaiah 41:10 So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. Because its much easier to go to a Dr appointment when you know you are the one getting shots, or exams. But when you have to put your baby through something like that it sure tugs on your heart strings a little bit. God is good, and so far Reagan is holding up pretty well, sore YES, Fussy... yes, but consolable. She is resting well in her swing right now, and I am so thankful! I am so blessed by both God and my husband because I am able to be a stay at home mom! On days like today if I was still teaching Reagan would have to be in daycare letting someone else console her. I am amazingly lucky to have a cozy home to snuggle with my baby in and hold her when she is feeling sad. I love being able to comfort her, and that I never miss out on anything she does. We sure have alot of quality time together! From the time she wakes up to the time she goes to bed she is a blessing to me! Even on days like today when she is under the weather, I cherish every minute! I know today is precious because Reagan will never again be the age she is today. Here's to praying I have many more days of  strength in the future.... 4 month shots are going to be here before I know it. 

Time to feed a stirring baby...... till next blog,
Be Blessed ya'll

No comments:

Post a Comment