Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentine for my Valentine

Today's post is selflessly devoted to the man who makes my stay at home mommy life possible.




The man who wakes up at 4am to do school work, so that he has time in the evenings to spend with his girls. 


The man who faces a job that beats him down daily...because it gives us roof over our heads. 


He rarely gets the praise he deserves, because most of the things he does are done when Reagan and I go to bed, or before we get up in the morning. 


He wears his heart on his sleeve despite his tough army facade and melts a little more every time his baby girl smiles. 


He pursues God's path on total faith, despite the lack recompense. 


He juggles a career, a family, and a divinity degree and is disciplined enough to make all three exist smoothly in the same household. 


This man is not only my partner in life, he is my best friend, my confidant, my anchor in Christ, my snuggle buddy, and my protector. I couldn't ask for a better husband.


Dear Valentine of mine, 
You make being married to you feel so easy! You make my life fun, and my days a little brighter. You make me laugh, and you bring out my smile. Thank you for your patience. Thank you for your love! Thank you for loving God first, and us second. Thank you for making me a mommy. Thank you for being you!
 Here's to 60+ more Valentines to come! 

1 comment:

  1. What a lovely post, Bailey :) So happy for you three, I hope you had a wonderful Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete