Monday, March 14, 2011

In a pot or in a shoe, is that poo?



    Funny motherly moment I have to share with other mothers, because you are the only ones who can relate. Yesterday was one of those days when I had to change about 7-8 poopy diapers. Reagan got poo on her feet at church while I was changing her, because in her flexible acrobatic way she kicked her foot right into the dirty diaper as I was removing it from her bottom. She went through 2 outfits before lunch time, and I had to borrow wipes from my mom because we ran out of the ones in the diaper bag. On the way home from my Mom & Dads I was sitting in the backseat of the car with Reagan while Joe was driving. Reagan and I were singing songs and she was playing with her toys. As we drove into the suns rays, I noticed a small yellow dot on her forehead. My first assumption was that I had gotten some mustard on her head while eating lunch one handed with her in my arms. I licked it off her forehead, and then my mind went a totally different direction and I laughed to myself and said "I sure hope that was mustard I just licked off your head and not poo?!?!"

    From the front of the car I hear a roaring deep laugh come from my husbands mouth and the car swerves. Its very rare that I hear my husband laugh this hard, and in typical boy fashion, of course he was laughing about poo! I have to admit it was pretty funny, and definitely not a sentence I ever thought I would speak!  Oh the joys of being a mommy :-) I am pretty sure it was mustard.

No comments:

Post a Comment