Monday, July 25, 2011

In the Land of Teething and Nod....

You: So Bailey, how am I sleeping these days???
Me: Funny you should ask, because I have a story! So my sweet snuggle buddy baby has been teething, (I know what else is new, the kids been doing that for 4 months now) but this time its her top teeth. Her first top tooth broke through yesterday afternoon, and for about a week now she has been waking up in the middle of the night, not to nurse... to play! One night it was an entire 3 hours before I got her back to sleep. Last night in addition to her normal 3 nursing times she wanted about 45 minutes of play time, and tried to play peek-a-boo in bed with a sleeping snoring Daddy. It is amazing how sleeping in 2 hour chunks feels normal after a while. But at the same time you never really feel rested. It also greatly affects your dream life.... since I never really get into deep REM sleep, my dreams are some of the wackiest disjunct trains of thought I have ever experienced. I wake up and I have to try and sift through the ramen soup in my brain to remember what was wacky sleep and what actually happened.

Coffee.... my dear friend, here is an ode to you!
Delicious and sweet,
with my organic creamer and stevia,
you are my favorite treat,
I won't let anyone steal ya!

Ha ha ha, ok enough with the corny shenanigans. In all seriousness, the fact that Reagan is ok with Mommy drinking caffeine and eating dairy again is a huge blessing. Due to Reagan's sensitive tummy, for months 1,2,3,4,&5 Dairy and Caffeine were only enjoyed in my wacky dreams. Around month 5 I started throwing dairy items in here and there and when she didn't seem to mind we tried caffeine. By 6 months mommy was back on her regular coffee, 2 cups a morning routine. Sorry de-caf coffee companies your stock just when down. :-)

Today was a very clingy teething day at our house. Don't get me wrong; rain or shine, fussy or smiley, I never take being home with my baby for granted. Also, when Reagan is fussy it is not like she cries 24-7. She is usually just very clingy, wants to snuggle and be held all the time and Mommy is not allowed to be more than 2 feet away from her at any time. Some of you may think I am spoiling her, and you would wrong. I don't think its possible to be too affectionate with your child. Reagan gets probably well over 100 kisses a day. She gets tickled and talked to all the time. She gets playtime on the floor with mommy & daddy. She gets yummy home made organic baby food, and breastmilk on demand. Babies grow too fast, so I am soaking up every second of time with my snuggle buddy.
This was my solution for a baby who wanted to be snuggled all day. She hasn't been in this Moby Wrap since she was bout 3 months old.... but boy was she all smiles when I slipped her in. I love being Reagan's mommy! 

2 comments:

  1. I still use the moby for Faith's "mommy days" which is honestly probably 5 days a week. Totally understand your sleep issues too. I am happy when Faith only wakes up twice because it is usually 3 or 4 times. I never drank coffe until Faith was about 6 months old and I had become a walking zombie. Now I have a cup every morning. I think you are doing an awesome job and reagan is so lucky that you are her mommy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Jackie! Its easy to make all those sacrifices when you love your munchkin so much huh? :)

    ReplyDelete