Sunday, July 24, 2011

First things first....

I owe everyone a huge apology for not updating my blog in like 2 MONTHS! But, as my friends with tots know, free time is hard to come by. Also, my husband is on this new 3 months home 3 months gone rotation with his job.... so I spent most of last month at my parents house. Reason 1, because my silly shihtzus have learned how to jump our 3 foot 7 inch back yard wall. Reason two, I have been suffering horribly from a condition known as "Mom Thumb" (Yes its real, I did not make it up, if I had I would have come up with a much cooler name like " Ta Da you are now crippled syndrome") so my parents were a great help with Reagan on the really bad days when I needed a break.

Weight-loss Update! I am 2 lbs away from pre-Reagan belly bulge. Will that put me at my goal size... no; between a Wedding, a Honeymoon in Hawaii, Christmas, and being snowed in 3 months in Kentucky where every vegetable comes fried I packed on about 12 lbs so I was up 12 before I gained the lovely 50 pounds of Reagan Love. How have I been doing it? Stroller walks have been a big help, but not happening as often as I want because the temps in the southwest have been 110, 111, etc. Another huge help has been our families switch to organic food, grassfed meats, and nothing genetically modified (GMO's). Why did we make this switch? I ran across a video by Robyn O'brien http://www.robynobrien.com/ which shed some serious light on the scary things that we have done as a nation in the "processing" of our food. This led Joe and I on a researching journey and the next stop we made was a movie called "Food Inc.". That movie totally changed our lives. We talked about it alot afterwards and we decided it may be too late to reverse all the effects of hormones, antibiotics and genetically modified pesticides he and I have consumed in our "safe" grocery store bought foods; but it is not too late to do something different and better for our children. Also, if you believe your body is a living temple of God then it only makes sense to fill it with the best things. So, really my focus switched from weightloss to life style cleansing. In the process I actually started shedding pounds without really trying, (THANK YOU JESUS). I have a new found love for organic yogurt, and Kashi is the bomb.PS I dare you all to try and grab an organic milk instead of a generic one at the store next time you are there, or if you have a healthfood store get one dish of organic meat. Your tastebuds will thank you! You will think "Oh yeah this is what real milk is supposed to taste like" or " Wow, this meat is so moist and smooth". No joke, I think this is one of the best decisions we have made since we got married, aside from becoming parents of course.

So along with the new organic food comes new recipes. Anyone interested in me sharing? If so, let me know, and I will post instructions and pics. Also with my exploration of new foods and cooking styles comes another adventure we are about to embark on. Joe is getting his first Company Command. This means lots of crazy work hours for him, and a demanding job in general, but its something he has worked for for a long time so I am very very proud of him!! With that I will be taking over the company wives/girlfriends support group and I am pretty nervous. So any prayers for me in that region I would appreciate. I am not great at Army Wife politics, and I hate having to bite my tongue... but as Joe moves up in his career it has become more apparent to both of us that "Politics" is the name of the game, Lord help me!

Hopefully my next update will be sooner and not later.
For now, I have a date with a hunky hubby, a soft pillow and a bitty baby. G'night Y'all

No comments:

Post a Comment