Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Serving God & My Family By Taking Out The Trash....



I am a firm believer that there are certain jobs around that house that are "boy" jobs and other things that are "girl" jobs. I may be old fashioned in this belief, but what else do you expect from a Southern Texas Tart? One boy job in particular that I frequently find myself helping Joe accomplish is taking out the garbage and recycling. I know he has crazy hours during the week sometimes. I know he works so I can stay home with Roo, but some how I have really struggled with my attitude when I ask him to take out the garbage and recycling, and he forgets, or procrastinates. Then both become overflowing mountains in the kitchen so I end up doing it. Recently ( this past week) I have committed myself to finding a joyful way of looking at things. There are several verses in the bible that instruct us to serve God by serving others. So, my new attitude adjustment is, I am serving my Lord, and my Family by taking out the trash. (This attitude adjustment is also applicable to picking up after husbands and putting down the toilet seat because they didn't) I am hoping I am not the only wife out there who struggles with this, so I have compiled a few verses that I have used to help me turn frustration into joy.


"Rendering service with a good will as to the Lord and not to man" Ephesians 6:7


"Do nothing from rivalry or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves. Let each of you look not only to his own interests, but also to the interests of others. Have this mind among yourselves, which is yours in Christ Jesus" Philippians 2:3-4 


"But you, take courage! Do not let your hands be weak, for your work shall be rewarded.” 
2Chronicles 15:7 


"But if anyone does not provide for his relatives, and especially for members of his household, he has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever." 1 Timothy 5:8


"For even the Son of Man came not to be served but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many.” Mark 10:45 




Now, metaphorically.... there will always be times in life when we need to clean out the clutter, take out the garbage, and re-align our lives with God's will. I guess in this case my re-alignment came figuratively and literally! 

Be Blessed, 
Bailey 

1 comment:

  1. Way to remain positive! Thanks for sharing, ill definitely remember this when prepping the house For sale: -/

    ReplyDelete